Understanding the True IVF Costs are an important part of your decision when choosing a clinic. Like most patients you will probably shop around comparing the advertised cost on clinic websites, but are you comparing like for like?
IVF is a costly investment with an uncertain outcome and it’s vital that you understand the true cost before you commit to treatment. The following questions / considerations may help you to find out the true cost of IVF at the clinics you are considering:
- What is included in the advertised fee?
- Which services not included in the price am I likely to need and how much do they cost?
- What is the range of medication costs?
- When discussing the possible need of an additional service or investigation, always ask what percentage of women in your own age group or situation require these.
- What can I do to minimise or fix my costs?
All clinics will be open and honest with you about their pricing. It helps to know what questions to ask to make sure you’re well-informed before making a decision.